The [SHIFT] Button
If you give your units some orders with the mouse while shift button is pressed, those orders are queued.
- In Quick Battle, press [SHIFT] button and then click on the enemies so your ships concentrate fire on one of them at time and automatically switch to the next enemy after previous target is destroyed. It is necessary to kill enemy ships one by one, not to attack all at the same time, because damaged ships still shoot and dead ships don't. Using [SHIFT] is better than manually targeting one enemy ship after another, because if you are doing so your ships keep shooting an enemy which has already taken enough damage to die.
- TIP: Battleships and especially Dreadnoughts need some time to turn to the target before they actually start shooting, so with those ships, select enemies which are close to each other. Then your ships won't waste as much time just turning. It is more correct to say, the angles to all targets should be similar as possible.
- TIP: Kill most dangerous ships first. I mean those ships with higher damage to HP ratio. Usually Dreadnoughts, Monoliths and Tiamats.
- While exploring new systems, use the [SHIFT] button to set way-points for your scouts. I usually send them around the system, then into the middle of the system. Explore fast at the beginning of the game before Jump Gates are built, it will help you to choose the right strategy later.
- While building platforms, use the [SHIFT] button to order the Fabricator to build several Platforms in a queue.